Our Connexions Service provides independent, impartial Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) to pupils aged 13 – 19 and as well as information on a range of lifestyle issues including voluntary and personal development opportunities.
Our highly qualified, experienced Personal Advisers can support your pupils to make positive choices about their futures and help them overcome barriers to progression. Our Personal Advisers have detailed local knowledge of post 16 provision including 6th forms, training providers, apprenticeships, college and employment opportunities.
Statutory / Core Service
Connexions will work with you to provide a targeted service to vulnerable young people. Connexions will:
• provide a named link Personal Adviser for your school
• jointly agree activities with your staff to identify vulnerable pupils and those pupils most at risk of not making a successful transition into post 16 learning
• provide support, working with your staff to assess needs through the Common Assessment Framework
• agree specific provision to support those young people, which could include:
• one to one advice and guidance
• attending EHC transitional reviews
• complete Preparing for Adulthood reports
• deliver small group work activities
• home visits to meet families to discuss transition arrangements
• assist in completing applications to college and training providers and, where necessary, accompany young people on visits