This 3 hour fire safety awareness course has been specifically designed with fire safety in schools in mind and includes a practical in the use of portable firefighting equipment.
A 3 hour course that will take delegates through the following:
- Reasons for and importance of fire safety training
- Key requirements of fire safety legislation
- Causes of fire
- Operation of portable fire extinguishers/fire blankets
At the end of the course delegates should understand and be able to explain:
- Causes of fire, examples of ignition, fire spread and growth
- Fire prevention, seperation of of fuel and ignition sources,good house keeping, sensible management of display materials on corridors
- Fire precautions, importance of fire seperation,fire doors, fire alarm and detection systems, emergency lighting, fire extinguishers and in house building user checks
- Training, instruction and information, the frequency of fire drills and the display of fire action notices around the school. The need for formal fire safety training for staff with key fire safety responsibilities
- General fire evacuation procedure
- Personal emergency evacuation plans (PEEP) for staff/students who require support to evacuate
School staff with key fire safety responsibilities.